The Endless War!
Surely, there is a constant struggle between us and life. An eternal war to reach for our greatest dreams and goals continues as we meet countless times with rebuff, which surfaces as little spanner thrown into the works. We win some fights in the war; we lose others. Yet we live to fight another day because the bigger picture of things is not realized, just as the war knows no end- it is an endless war.
- Tis the break of freaking dawn
- See how time surely flies
- Never knew could this be worn
- Started out in a flying high
- Felt ready then to take it on
- Never be here to ask the question why
- At the start of brand new day
- Appear things easy and true
- Like riding roughshod over hay
- Dared to take it not to rue
- For this I duly stand to gain
- Victory air beckons raised
- Myself find in mid-day toil
- Yearn to take the vantage length
- But a setback comes straight to foil
- Dashing hopes in dreaded fret
- Ever come to see its point?
- Save for sake of sapping strength
- Pushing through the loopy hoops
- Staged anew on the bumpy road
- Like woman in labour mood
- This I'm set to off and load
- Find it hard to make it good
- Now I'm stuck with even dough
- Looking back in place and time,
- See tis past the evening cloud
- How long can I hold the dimly light?
- Tis burning low and faintly out
- Why the war we start in stride?
- Any sense I couldn't sound
- Life will just not make me wine
- All my strength the war has drained
- Not to see in eerie night
- Gasp of breath nigh has failed
- Passing out to fight in light
- Till the break of dawn again
Other Insightful Poems about Life
- The Room is Empty: A Poem
Sometimes life’s events just lend themselves to poetry. Many experiences are so beautiful they make your heart cry out with joy. Our spirits are lifted upward by the magnificence we have witnessed,...
- Live In The Moment: 10 Benefits to Living Every Mome...
I am a firm believer in living life, that there is a huge difference between living and simply existing. There are many reasons to live in the moment, but first it's important to note that even that term doesn't mean the same thing to everyone. ...
- Poem - Are You Alone For Christmas?
Are you alone? The last one left In your family? Or maybe The only one Not invited? Is everyone happy Except you? How will you explain The whys To a daughter Trapped Inside too many goodbyes How will you explain Your absence To a son Caught In your..