- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- Poems & Poetry
Thought Provoking Song Lyrics From Various Artists
What Rings Through Your Head?
No matter the artist or music genre, there is always going to be one or two lines in every song that reaches out and grabs you. Love, loss, pain, triumph- whatever emotion is conveyed, whatever description is used, we hold these words within us and ponder them throughout the day.
1. "As my train rolls down the east coast, I wonder how you'll keep warm- it's too late to cry, too broken to move on." - "A Drop in the Ocean", Ron Pope.
2. "I'll get drunk this time on Boone's Farm wine, in my defense I'd like to say at least it's always sweet." - "Come to California", Ron Pope.
3. "I call her on the phone again and ask if she'll come home, and then I won't hang up until she says she might." -"Lullaby", Ron Pope.
4. "But the only anesthetic that makes me feel anything kills inside." - "Cut", Plumb.
5. "I would take a whisper if that's all you had to give. But it isn't, is it? You could come and save me and try to chase the crazy right out of my head." - "Echo", Jason Walker.
6. "I will never let you fall, I'll stand up with you forever. I'll be there for you through it all, even if saving you sends me to heaven." - "Your Guardian Angel", Red Jumpsuit Apparatus.
7. "I am lying on her couch, talking in tongues but the words won't come out." - "Old Coyote", The Weepies.
8. "It's kind of strange how we change orbit in our lives. You were kind of the moon outside of my room, I could just feel you nearby. Now I feel you gone 'cause I know which side you're on and it's not mine." - "Orbiting", The Weepies.
9. "Now I stumble home at night like I've stumble through my life- with ghosts and visions in my sight. We are always living in twilight." - "Living in Twilight", The Weepies.
10. "I'm so confused, I must be losing it. This can't be right. I never knew that you could choose to love someone then change your mind." - "Something I Said", Safetysuit.
11. "You don't see the way I look at you when you are not looking at me. I wish that I could tell you every single thought I've ever had about you and me but you don't see me that way." - "You Don't See Me"- Safetysuit.
12. "Is this a natural feeling or is it just me bleeding all my thoughts and dreams in hope that you will be with me." - "Anywhere But Here", Safetysuit.
13. "The love that we made still barely an echo, and I've tried everything on these vacant, hollow holes." - "Holes", Rascal Flatts.
14. "Swirling shades of blue slow dancing in your eyes, the sun kisses the earth and I hush my urge to cry." - "There for You", Flyleaf.
15. "It's three a.m. and I can't sleep at all.. I wonder where you are tonight and do I ever cross your mind?" - "Things People Say", Lady Antebellum.
16. "Lucky stars and fairy tales, gonna bathe myself in a wishing well. Pretty scars from cigarettes I never will forget. No, never will forget. And I ain't that bad I'm just messed up. I ain't that sad but I'm sad enough." - "Leave the Light on", Beth Hart.
17. "Wasted, weeping, someone's speaking in my head. The bed is leaking tears again, and there's no end." - "World Without You", Beth Hart.
18. "And I am a writer, writer of fictions, I am the heart that you call home. And I've written pages upon pages, trying to rid you from my bones." - "The Engine Driver", The Decemberists.
19. "God watches over children and he cares for fools in love." - "Cut off Their Thumbs", The Mountain Goats.
20. "In all my bitterness, I ignored all that's real and true- all I need is you." - "October", Evanescence.
Of course there are more... Isn't there always? These are the ones that echo through my thoughts most prominently today; maybe I've expanded some musical horizons.