- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- How to Write
Top 12 Self Introduction Speech Topics
Use this Top 12 self introduction speech topics for if you have to develop a brief self introduction that tells the audience who you are and what you are about.
There are public speaking opportunities in life in which you have to make a good first impression.
The key question for a successful and effective self introduction speech in both occasions is: how much and what information do you want the audience to know about you?
Rule number one is: focus on one speech topic. Do not write an award winning boring autobiography :-)
I recommend you to develop one aspect of your life. That aspect will tell who you are and what you are about.
Some people call this self introduction speech type a one-point speech, because it is based on only one speech idea.
Look at the sample self introduction speech topics below and pick out the aspects of your personal life you want to share with the audience. Approach the list below with the who, what, where, why, how and when questions. It is an effective way to outline your first thoughts for introducing yourself.
1. What activity has played or plays an important part in your life? Tell the story and distract the message.
2. What is your main personal goal?
3. What do you like very much?
4. What do you hate or dislike?
5. Do you have developed a very special skill?
6. What is your lifestyle?
7. Can you come up with a turning point or milestone in you life?
8. What is your hobby or interest in you spare time?
9. What is a pet peeve or another very familiar topic you like to talk about, to do or to discuss?
10. Where you are from? Do your roots reveal something about yourself that is new for the audience? That always works in a speech for self introduction.
11. Is there an object or prop that means a lot to you?
12. What distinguishes you from other individuals?