- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- Commercial & Creative Writing»
- Creative Writing»
- Humor Writing
Top 3 Kindle Accessories
Top 3 Kindle Accessories
Without question Amazon's Kindle rocketed to the middle of many people's wish lists. This incredibly cool device virtually eliminates the need to carry around a $2 paperback novel that wouldn't be a really big deal if dropped in a puddle or mistakenly left behind at the bus station. Many sentient humans enjoy the activity of reading. Nothing accelerates reading quite like a tricked out Kindle.
Try this social experiment:
- Visit your local Half-Price Books store and purchase a copy of Moby Dick. Expect to spend about $1.98.
- Read the book from cover to cover, pausing only to pore over classic passages such as when the whale flips its' tail or the entire crew contracts scurvy. Highlight the penultimate scenes and discuss with yourself how modern situation comedies have been influenced by Ishmael's epic struggle with his inner monologue.
- Sell the book back to Half Price Books and pocket $.50
- Spend at least one month inhabiting your normal life. Observe the number of friends and acquaintances who treat you exactly the same as before you read the book.
- Next, purchase a brand new Kindle and find a teenager to help you figure out how to turn it on. Find a grade-schooler to help you and the teenager download a 'free' copy of Moby Dick.
- Don't read Moby Dick, simply pull up the first page onto the Kindle screen and leave the Kindle in plain view on your desk at work. If you don't have a desk at work, put the Kindle on a chain and hang it around your neck like a high-tech rap star.
- Bask in glow of your sycophants and groupies. Enjoy your new promotion and big raise.
Vinturi Essential Wine Aerator
Wine and Kindle go together like pretense and Obama. Don't expect friends and neighbors to read with you unless your wine box is properly aerated. Aerate your wine with an authentic Vinturi Essential Wine Aerator before you host your next Iliad reading party.
Schwinn Crest Urban Women's Hybrid Bike
Ride your urban bike to an inspiring location like the city park or the Springfield Tire Fire, then crack open your Kindle for an afternoon of classic prose. This particular urban bike comes complete with a Kindle carrier: simply strap your e-reader onto the rack with a bungee cord and announce to the world that you insist on reading books.
Coleman 20-Inch Bungee Cord
The Coleman Corporation has been manufacturing legendary bungee cords since people started reading real books on real paper. This handy set of two (2) bungee cords can be easily adapted to secure your Kindle onto your urban bicycle to prevent unexpected potholes on the road to literacy from bouncing your e-reader in to the ditch.
Conclusion: 3 Top Kindle Accessories
There, you have it. You have three essential Kindle Accessories that no self-respecting digital generation member should even consider being without. Get the wine aerator, the urban bike, and the urban bike bungee cords: pack up the Kindle and hit the road to digital alphanumeric enlightenment.