- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- The English Language
25 Topics for Projects/ Dissertation for English language and literature students ( BA and MA)
1. Nullification of individualism at the cost of standardisation of governance as a major theme of the poem of WH Auden.
2. The theme of ageing and memory in " The sense of an ending " by Julian Barnes.
3. Identity crisis in "Saturday" by Ian McCawn.
4. Resilience of English language- a study in the light of online language discourses like blog, Facebook, WhatsApp.. etc.
5. Issues of identity in the light of Gireesh Karnad' s play ''Hayavadana'' or Narcism in ''Nagamandala''.
6. Expressionism ( expressionist techniques) in Eugine O nills' ''Emporer John'' and ''Hairy ape''.
7. Exploration of political scenarios of 1940's in Edward Bond' s "Lear".
8. "Waiting for Godo" as an epitome of absurd theatre.
9. Individual opposition to monarchy and martyrdom in TS Eliot' s "Murder in the cathedral".
10. Issues in English spelling in the era of techies and texties. ( Social medias and Messages).
11. Oppression of afro American in the light of ''Dutchman'' by Amiri Baraka.
12. ''The harvest'' ( a play) by Manjula Pathmanabhan as a futuristic drama in the world of monopolistic corporation.
13. Inescapable familial relations as a major theme of Tennessee Williams' " The glass menagerie ".
14. Communalism and communal violence in " Final solution " by Mahesh Dathani.
15. Arunthadi Rays' "God of small things " as a regional novel ( locale).
16. Beauty as curse in " Bluest eye" of Tonny Morrison.
17. "Midnight Children" as a historiographic Metafiction.
Magic realism in "Midnight Children'' by Salman Rushdiee.
18. "Golden Notebook" by Dorris Lessing as an inner space fiction.( Metanarrative)
19. Hillary Mandle' s "Wolf hole" or bring up the body as a historical novel.
20. Animalism and civilization as a major theme of the novel " The lord of flies" by William Golding.
21. "Sons and lovers" as a classic buildungs roman novel.
22. Representation of Africans ( life) in "The heart of darkness" by Joseph Conrad.
23. The picturization of twentieth century spiritual Darth in "Wasteland".
24. "Train to Pakistan" as a partition novel by Kushwanth sing.
25. Imaginary demarcation and partition in "Shadow lines" by Amitav Ghosh.