Types of Sentences
To speak fluently in a language one must be aware of its tone and wary of the uses of the same word in different ways. However, to achieve that level of fluency the basics need to be read.
The basics usually decipher the alphabets, grammar and sentence structure. Just to speak sometimes may not be enough, therefore writers need to remember the various aspects of sentence structure, i.e. types of sentences.
Although a simple sentence is particularly and comparatively easier to read, it is also usually immature and sounds incomplete and rather un flowing. A direly long sentence may not only be tiresome to read but also difficult to understand.
Therefore a writer when he/she takes that first step into writing must realise these implications and follow the proper sentence structure.
There are three specific types of sentence structure:
as an independent clause, it usually consists of a subject and a verb and
expresses a complete thought. It may also contain a compound subject (Juan and
Anita) and a compound verb (goes and studies)
- Ailsa goes to school and studies every day.
- Juan and Anita usually play football in the afternoon.
- Some students like to study in the evenings.
Types Of Nouns
- Learning Nouns
A noun is a word or a term which refers to a name, a place or any thing. It is hard to exactly define nouns but to understand their job in the language they are simple called as terms that define a name of any person, place or any non living things.
Facts About Languages
- A Few Facts About Languages
From a mother's instinctive understanding of her baby's babbling to the spoken word of university students, language is man's foremost means of communication.
Teaching Tips And Advices
- Teaching English Language
Developed in England and Scotland during the Anglo Saxon era, English has now spread vast beyond the boundaries of United Kingdom and has now become the most dominant language in the world.
- How To Teach Vocabulary
Appealing youthful brains is most successful when education is fun. Initiating fresh notions through fresh techniques represents and maintains concentration.
- How To Teach Division
If you talk about primary education than the four most basic operation of mathematics are addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- How To Teach Kids
There is a problem found almost every where that for teaching old typical methods had been used till last few years.
Studying Tips For Students
- How To Study Better And Get Good Grades
In todays world of tough competition every one needs to work hard to his limits in order to survive. It is extremely important for students at most to perform best in their schools and colleges.
- How To Prepare For Tests
Tests are defined as a process for critical assessment; a way of determining the presence, quality, or truth of something and many times tests are simply a basis for evaluating an individual.
- How To Study For Exams
The most crucial time in students life is exam time. No matter you are in primary grade, secondary, higher secondary, undergrad, graduation or doing post graduations, exams are something that needs your attention.
- Educational And Learning Toys For Children
Educational toys are usually fabricated for and used by children. One may possibly compose a disagreement that an educational toy is in fact any toy.
These types of sentences are two types of independent clauses joint together with a coordinator. Some of these coordinators are for, and, nor, but, or, yet, so and many more. Usually coordinators are preceded by commas, with the exception of small sentences.
- Ashton played football, for his team Red Marks of the Holly Dam Public School.
- I ate my breakfast, and packed my school bag while waiting for the bus.
- My mother was ill, so I decided to stay home and look after her.
This sentence has an independent clause or simple sentence joined together with one or two dependent clauses. These sentences always contain a subordinator for example because, after, since, although, or a relative pronoun such as who, that or which.
- The teacher returned the homework after she noticed the error.
- Jose and Maddie went to the movies after they finished studying.
- These students are studying because they have a test tomorrow.
of these complex sentences may contain an adjective along with an independent
clause and dependent clause. These are known as adjective clauses. For example,
- The book Allen read is on the Arts and Humanity titled shelf.
Other various types of sentences are:
An interrogative sentence asks a question. This type of sentence usually ends with a
(?) For example,
- ‘’Did you drink the last bottle of beer?’’
This sentence makes a statement and always ends with a period. For example,
- ‘’I will be going for my vacation tomorrow.’’
Shows strong feeling and usually ends with an exclamation mark (!) For
- ‘’The monster attacked a man!’’
One which gives a command. For example,
- ‘’Stop looking at her and do your work!’’
These various sentences are used to make the passage or work more interesting. Consider this paragraph,
- "My name is Lisa Kenzington. I love to eat burgers. I like to eat hamburgers. But my favourite type of burger is McDonalds’ chicken burger! I usually like to have pickles on my burger. I like cheese too as an addition in the filling of my burger. I am hungry. I want to order a burger now!"
Boring right? Not only is this grammatically wrong but also is quite mundane. Such a long, tedious and weird passage would either irritate your reader or make them sleepy.
Now consider this short yet affective paragraph:
- "My name is Lisa Kenzington and as any normal teenager I enjoy all kinds of fast food. My favourite type of fast foods are burgers; cheesy, meaty, juicy burgers! Although, I enjoy hamburgers, my favourite type is a chicken burger from McDonalds. All this talk about burgers is making me hungry, therefore, I will go and order a burger!"
This may not be a Noble Award winning passage however, it is better than the passage before and its more exciting and has strong emotions and seems to flow as a sentence. It is as long as the previous one, however, it is well structure and quite interesting to read. Also it makes the writer come alive and vibrant and the reader is allowed to venture into the writers’ mind.