This Is Our Generation
"Hey girl, do I look good? "
"Yeah just lose a little weight, you'll gain more followers "
*starves herself for a week to get validation*
THIS is our generation.
We care about looks
We care about wealth
Don't like what Mom cooks
We don't care about our health
Instagram followers are more important than real life friends. Snapchat is more important than actual eating.
We all say our friends are fake, we all say we have no friends but everyone posts 'Happy Friendship Day' on first sunday of August.
We can't wait till we grow up, but what really do we do when we actually grow up? Trust someone who's just as immature as us and then get our hearts broken.
Depression is not a choice, but getting up and beating it IS!
Virgin at 16 feels ashamed and unaccepted.
When those who lost it at 13 asks why didn't they wait.
Hanging out with friends means,
Helping out your friend means,
Reporting his bully's account
Getting over someone means,
Drinking without caring
Show off and #Couplegoals
This is our generation.
We know how to right essays of 100 pages.
We don't know how to pay our bills.
We know what's the charge of an electron.
We can't weigh between right and wrong.
We know how to have sex.
We don't know there's a time for everything.
We know how to have fun.
We don't know how to be genuinely happy.
We know how to dress cool.
We don't know how to spread more Love.
This is our generation.
The fact that there are YouTube videos on 'How To Love Yourself' shows that we're so in trouble that now someone needs to TEACH us how to love our own self and how to be comfortable in our own skin.
Don't you miss your old self?
Don't you think this road is destructive?
Don't you just miss when it was all simple?
Don't you miss when you and your best friend would 'talk' not chat?
Don't you miss when you were not crying because of followers?
Don't you miss when you weren't deleting those body shaming comments?
Don't you miss when you were innocent?
Don't you wish you could go back?
Could You Still Go Back? Yes!
If you agree that we're messed up and it NEEDS to change then do this.
• Delete all your social media for 1 month
• Start asking your parents how they manage everything.
• Stop asking others how you look.
• Start being gentle on yourself. Don't just think you're great, love yourself like you would love your soulmate.
• Go to Jesus pray to him, the ultimate source of Love. He'll transform you. Trust me, he changed my life.
• Make a journal.
• Stop finding substitutes for happiness, there's none. Seek your real home, where you find yourself.
• Start fighting back and tell those negative thoughts that IT'S ENOUGH.
• Get Up and Be the change you wanna see in this world.