- Books, Literature, and Writing
What to Write in a Note or Card - To the Person You Love
A Beautiful Image of a Woman About to Send a Love Note
Expressing Your Love in Words
Expressing yourself to the one you love is so important. It is important for us, and it is important for them to hear it or know how we feel. Love can be overwhelming, and there are times that the perfect words don't come easily. I hope the ideas below might inspire you to write what you are already feeling, or to express it in some way. You can use these ideas as they are, or recreate them to make them even more personal.
People don't often regret expressing how they feel to those they love. They do however, sometimes regret not saying how they felt to those they love. Don't put off sharing your heart with the person you love. It is "free" to do, and can bring so much more meaning to life.
Ideas of What to Write in a Card to the Person You Love
* "I love you, and that is the beginning and end of everything." (Based off a quote from F. Scott Fitzgerald.)
* I love the way you make me laugh, and put your arms around me. Thank you for all the big and little things you do that show me how much you care. It means the world to me."
* I love so many things about you, your mind, heart and your funny ways. Really, there isn't much I don't love about you.
* When I think of all the people in the world, it is all the more amazing that we found each other to love. I am so happy to have found you.
* You are never far from my thoughts, and always in my heart. I love you.
* I must have done something right, to have a blessing as huge as you in my life.
* The best place in the world to be, is right next to wherever you are.
* Through the good times and the bad, you bring a deep meaning and joy to my life that I will forever be grateful for. I love you.
* The longer we are together, the more my love grows for you. I didn't think that could be possible, yet it is definitely true.
* When I think of all the things I am most thankful for, you always come to mind first. I love you with all my heart.
* I love you always and forever.
* I love every moment we share together. Thank you for being a part of my life.
*Ours is a once in a lifetime kind of love.
Getting Ideas from Quotes on Love - Inspiration to Write
The poets and writers of yesteryear and even today, sometimes say things best. We can learn from them, or get ideas from what they write. Use the ideas below to jump start your own creative writing ideas on what you can say to the person you love. Or, you can just use the quote itself, and credit the author whose name is right behind it.
While some of these might seem "sappy" to some of you, you might be surprised that some women at least really love this stuff! Some guys too. Do you remember Dead Poet's Society, and how badly some of them wanted to write the perfect love poem? Do you remember how they read the love poems? Words can have an amazing and profound impact. Try it and see!
Quotes To Inspire Ideas for that Perfect Love Note or Saying
"I love you, not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you." Roy Croft
"Oh, thou art fairer than the evening air clad in the beauty of a thousand stars." Christopher Marlowe
"Sometimes your nearness takes my breath away; and all the things I want to say can find no voice. Then in silence, I can only hope my eyes will speak my heart." Robert Saxton
"I believe that two people are connected at the heart, and it doesn't matter what you do, or who you are or where you live; there are no boundaries or barriers if two people are destined to be together." Julia Roberts
"The more I give to thee, the more I have, for both are infinite." William Shakespeare
"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable." Bruce Lee
"Kiss me and you will see stars; love me and I will give them to you." By an Unknown Author
"To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage." Lao Tzu
"If a hug represented how much I loved you, I would hold you in my arms forever." Mandy Hampton
** I want to end with this cute quote from Dr. Seuss. It isn't really easy to put into a note, but it would be fun to add all the same I think, and then add something to the end perhaps. "You know you are in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." Dr. Seuss
When all else fails, just write something, something from your heart. It will be appreciated by the one you love, and that loves you.
Saving Love Notes or Cards - A Poll
Have you ever saved a note or a card sent to you from someone that loves you?
© 2012 Paula