Writer's Block - 10 Great Article Ideas to Overcome It
Writer’s block can happen at any time, any place and nearly all writers have been affected by it at some time or other, even the most the highly influential literary boffins have wrestled with it. But don’t worry, because you can overcome those blank, empty corners of the mind where ideas for articles once flowed.
There are countless reasons why you cannot come up with an idea on what to write. It could be because you’re anxious, frustrated or fearful, or maybe you are thinking so hard your creative juices have stopped flowing.
Now is the time to step back, relax and stop taking yourself too seriously. Be yourself, take a day off your usual routine, go to the movies, catch up with friends, paint, whatever, but forget about writing for 24 hours.
Luckily, there are lots of other ways to overcome writer's block. Below you will find 10 ideas that will help fill up those empty recesses of your mind with ideas to produce quality content for your articles.
10 Ideas to Overcome Writer’s Block and Write Articles
1. Use Google Analytics: to research the keyword/s that people are using to reach your article. This tool will provide information and generate ideas on what content to write about so that more traffic will visit your site.
2. Use Google Insights: because it shows the top searches and what is trending at the time. This tool can also help you find out what related searches people are using.For example, put in the words ‘weight loss’ into the search and Google Insights will return the top 10 related searches from which you can get ideas to write an article ideas, such as ‘best diet’ which is one of the top 10 related searches.
3. How To: People enjoy reading content that they can understand, make sense of and share. That is why writing ‘how to’ articles works so well. They have high search volume and very little competition. It is better to write about things you know and have more knowledge about than the average Joe Blogs. So, for example, if you know how to knit, write an article about it.
4. Pets: Writing about pets, from cats, dogs, birds and hamsters to rabbits, fish and lizards make great articles. Generally people love animals and those with pets absolutely adore them and want to talk about them. Articles on pet training, health, dressing up and fun moments with photos and video will increase web-traffic to your pet article.
5. Health: The health and wellness industry provides lots of topics to write about, and attracts hundreds and thousands of visitors. There are many angles from which you could write an article:
- Main topics such as cancer
- Sub-topics within the main topic such as breast cancer, prostate cancer etc
- ‘How to’ remedies and cures
- ‘What is’ articles. e.g. What is diabetes?
- Treatment articles and
- Alternative health
6. Product reviews: This is an easy one. Create a list of the top 6, 10 or 12 products that are relevant to your audience or to the general public and write an article about the product. Reviews of specific brands their durability attracts a large audience. In your review share: key features, how it works, the benefits, how it compares to its competition and pricing. Apart from giving all the positive aspects you should also refer to the negative features. Be careful how you do this because the last thing you want is a law suit!
7. Write an article series: This is a brilliant way to retain an audiences’ interest in what you have to say. You can write a daily, weekly or fortnightly series. Just ensure that you keep the content interesting in order that the reader comes back for the next instalment.
8. Share how you developed your business: Budding netpreneurs, growing businesses and established ones are always interested in how the next person built their business. When sharing your story it is essential that you share everything, the good and the bad. This reveals the real you, honesty and the fact that building a business is not as easy as it may look. You can also turn it into an article series providing lessons on how to build a business and what errors and mistakes to avoid
9. News: Now,this is the easiest topic from which you can conjure content for an article. Every day there are news stories from wars, the economy, bankers and elections to celebrities, fashion, entertainment and more; take your pick. Just watch the news, pick-up a newspaper or go on the internet, there is some noteworthy story that will grab your attention. The key to getting people to read your article is to make it more interesting by adding your opinion and thoughts and asking your audience for thier opinions.
10. Hire a good content writing service: Such a service can take away the headache of thinking about what to write especially when writer’s block occurs. And using a content writing service will give you the time to concentrate on other matters such as research, marketing and building a brand.