- Books, Literature, and Writing
Writing Online - How to find out if your Article’s been Stolen
Recently I did a few checks to see if some articles were being copied and sadly I found a few. Some writers submit work that is not theirs and some just come to a site to copy someone else’s hard work, and share their Adsense earnings.
I believe there is software for this, but I will quickly show you the quickest way to do it.
How to find out.
1) Select a long sentence or two of the article you want to check.
2) Copy it.
3) Go to Google (google.co.uk) and click on “Advanced Search” (just outside the search box)
4) Copy the selected text into the box that states "this exact wording or phrase".
5) Click on Search. (See below for illustration).
After the Search...
a) If only one article comes up, then that must be yours and no one has copied it.
b) If several come up, take a deep breath, don’t shout at the computer . ٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶ Open up the links to double check the whole article was copied word for word.
Note below, the article has been copied. On research, the article was published by someone in 2006 and someone copied it and published it on another website in January 2011 – Word for Word. Also, someone copied and published it to Ezinearticles.
c) Next, make note of who stole/copied your article. (name/website)
d) Inform Google and fill in complaint form: http://www.google.com/adsense_dmca.html.
e) Inform the website of where it was published so they remove it.
f) Count from 1,000 backwards to avoid getting too angry.
☆•* All is still well with the Universe – It Happens.
- Writing Online Who wants to make money online now?
You can and will definitely make money online but, dont expect a substantial amount immediately. Useful Tips to building an income online.
- Newbies - Kick Start to Success on Hubpages
A Newbies simple guide - giving a good, practical Kick Start to making success on HP. November 09.