Writing Online – Who wants to make money online now?
There are thousands of people who write online today. Some for pleasure, some for an extra income and some to help others etc.
For those who write to earn extra cash – I have observed that most expect to earn money immediately. I was one of those people. When I signed up with Hubpages in May 2009, I checked my Adsense account every couple of hours to see how many hundreds of pounds had been made with my 5 Hubs or so, but it was just a few pence.
So, can someone who is just starting to write online make money - immediately?
a) The Good News
You can and will definitely make money online – but, don’t expect it to happen now or "yesterday".
In preparation, ensure you have a Paypal account as most sites pay this way. For some sites like Hubpages, Shetoldme, Xomba etc you would need an Adsense Account which will generate your earnings. Sign up: wwww.google.com/adsense. This is a commission payment by Google for people who have clicked on Ads on your posts. Many websites now pay for the number of views of your articles and if you write for Hubpages, sign up to the Hubpages Ad Program.
b) The Action News
- Put in the work now. Be consistent in writing articles.
- Get Traffic to them. Post them on various Social networks. Visit other Hubs/articles - don't be a lone ranger onsite. Use Backlinks. Helpful Article (More useful Articles below)
- Be Patient (at least give it some weeks). It's funny, I have noticed the times I don’t check my adsense is the time it earns a lot. It doesn’t like me checking it everytime.
- In the interim, read / find useful info to help you. No matter how good a person is, there is always room for improvement. There is so much useful information on Hubpages - simply make use of the search button and type in what you are looking for. Search Twitter using hash tags like #blogging #earnonline #writingonline. It will bring up some awesome articles to help you.
If you write for Hubpages, remember to sign up to the Hubpages AdProgram. You will earn more and the payouts will be quicker. Example every month or every other month.... unlike Adsense which could be every few months because of the Amount you have to reach before payout.
c) The Cashing in News
After a while – maybe months you should start making some money. You will get to a point where you are no longer writing lots of Articles or just writing 2 or 3 a month, but a reasonable amount is still being generated from what you’ve already written. You could decide to put your feet up then or continue and build a Passive income.
** It is also a good idea to write for more than one site or have your own Blog by the side, just incase one website does something that could affect your articles or they have a problem which means certain features are not working temporarily on the site.
In a nutshell, you can make money online, there are genuine websites but you have to plant (write) water (get traffic) and wait for it to yield ($£). I have been publishing online since 2009 and my pay from Writing online does make a difference every month.
More Helpful info to get you started...
- Newbies - Kick Start to Success on Hubpages
A Newbies simple guide - giving a good, practical Kick Start to making success on HP. November 09.
- The Top 4 Ways to Drive Traffic To Your Hubs and Ear...
The road to achieving massive traffic is the root cause of success in article writing at Hubpages and on the entire internet. Without healthy organic traffic you will just be writing hubs for leisure, for...