a worksheet of commonly confused words
A WORKSHEET OF COMMONLY CONFUSED WORDS
Homonyms are similar sounding words. Homonyms are commonly confused words.
Write sentences to show the difference in meaning between the homonyms.
Accept,Except,Aloud,Allowed,Board,Bored,Peace,Piece,Pray,Prey,Lead,led,Faint,Feint,Currant, Current ,Right, Write.
Write the sentences choosing the correct word
1 .The wind (blue, blew) the (close, clothes) away.
2. The wedding couple walked downs the (aisle, isle).
3. The bank reported a healthy (prophet, profit).
4. The hunter asked if he (would, wood) find a squirrel in the (wood, would).
5. The customer paid by (cheque, check).
6. The front (break, brake) of the bicycle wasn’t working.
7. A building (site, sight) can be very dangerous.
8. The police arrived at the accident (seen, scene).
9. The team celebrated a (grate, great) victory.
10 .The boat was moored along the (quay, key).
11. The golf (course, coarse) was extremely difficult.
12 .The school (principle, principal) addressed the assembly.Copyright © Asma Iftikhar 2011