Quiz: Anais Nin
Are you ready for my quiz?
Here are 10 questions I created to test your knowledge of author Anais Nin (1903 - 1977).
The format is super easy to take. Answer one question, click the next button, and then you will be magically transported to the next question. At the end of the quiz you will get to see how well you have done in relation to other quiz takers.
When you are finished taking the quiz you will find an explanation of the answers I created at the bottom of this page in the "answer summary". But no peeking!
Here we go...
Anais Nin Quizview quiz statistics
Favorite Anais Nin Quotes
Perk Up Your Library
“People living deeply have no fear of death.”
“Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.”
“We don’t see things as they are, we see things as we are.”
“Life is truly known only to those who suffer, lose,
endure adversity, and stumble from defeat to defeat.”
“Throw your dreams into space like a kite,
and you do not know what it will bring back,
a new life, a new friend, a new love, a new country.”
“Each friend represents a world in us,
a world possibly not born until they arrive,
and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
“There is not one big cosmic meaning for all,
there is only the meaning we each give to our life,
an individual meaning, an individual plot,
like an individual novel, a book for each person.”
“Love never dies a natural death.
It dies because we don’t know how to replenish its source.
It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals.
It dies of illness and wounds;
it dies of weariness, of withering, of tarnishing.”
1. Anais Nin was born in 1903 in Neuilly, France.
2. D. H. Lawrence: An Unprofessional Study was her first published work. It was published in 1932.
3. Anais Nin is considered the foremother of erotic writing.
4. Anais Nin's first collection of erotic stories was Delta of Venus.
5. Anais Nin's second collection of erotica was published two years after her death.
6. Anais Nin supposedly had many affairs, writer and painter Henry Miller was one of them.
7. Before Anais Nin married Hugh Guiler in 1923 she worked as a model.
8. There were seven volumes of Anais Nin's diaries published spanning from 1920 to 1974.
9. Anais Nin died of cancer in 1977 at the age of 74.
10. All three quotes come from Anais Nin's diaries.