davenmidtown profile image 87

What is Allegory, and how can it be effectively used to develop writing content?

The child down the street said to his brother... if you keep saying that Lucus, you will be like the boy who cried wolf. As his words echoed off of my ear drums I remembered that story from my own childhood. It made me wonder about the stories of our own lives and the use of allegory. What is allegory and how can we use it better to develop our own writing? What are some of the other examples of the use of allegory in writing?

Wesman Todd Shaw profile image92

Wesman Todd Shaw says

zell12 profile image79

zell12 says

Hound Cat profile image61

Hound Cat says

douggy profile image61

douggy says

AfterAzria says

paulgc says