Being a good writer means testing your patience, getting your hands dirty, and admitting when you're not trying hard enough. Being a good writer is hard to do because it's mentally draining and can sometimes completely wear you out. BUT once you've finished this and understood that your hard work paid off, that's what makes you a good writer. Also:
1. Don't be afraid to try new things.
2. Always take criticism, good and bad.
3. Don't worry about the now, you can fix it later.
4. Understand that you're different from everyone else and that you cannot be compared with anyone but you.
5. Write what's in your heart, not what's for the market.