Bretsuki profile image 79

What has been your favorite book to read in 2012?

I host a book club and am looking for popular suggestions for books to read over the next few months. So far we have read Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, Major Pettigrew's Last Stand, Water For Elephants, Hotel at the Corner of Bitter and Sweet. Any suggestions of other good books?

MayG profile image90

May Galnou (MayG) says

• Bretsuki profile image

William Elliott (Bretsuki) 5 years ago

Hello MayG, thanks. I have read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night, myself a couple of years back. Hadn't thought of that one for the book club. I will take a look at the others too. Thanks

msviolets profile image83

msviolets says

• Bretsuki profile image

William Elliott (Bretsuki) 5 years ago

Thank you MsViolets, I have not heard of some of these books, the club has a varied age range so your suggestion of a young adult book would be popular with many of the group.

Cardia profile image94

Cardia says

• Bretsuki profile image

William Elliott (Bretsuki) 5 years ago

Hello Cardia, thanks for your suggestion. I had wondered about having an American Classic in the list. As an upcoming movie release it could be perfect.

wetnosedogs profile image61

wetnosedogs says

• Bretsuki profile image

William Elliott (Bretsuki) 5 years ago

Thanks wetnosedogs. I have seen the movie based on The Help. Enjoyed that very much. Going by the premise that the original book is better than the movie, that might be a good choice.

MBAdomaitis profile image77

Mary Beth Adomaitis (MBAdomaitis) says