M. T. Dremer profile image 91

Should books have a content rating system like movies?

My wife works for a publishing company and one of the frequent complaints they get is that their books (specifically the one the customer purchased) is too graphic in one way or another. Part of that is a lack of research on the consumers part, and part of it is that books aren't labeled with any rating system, outside of general genres like 'adult', 'young adult' and 'children's'. When I was a kid, I felt I got a hold of a lot of books I shouldn't have just because my parents didn't think the books could be offensive. Should they have ratings or would that spiral into rampant censorship?

DzyMsLizzy profile image91

Best Answer Liz Elias (DzyMsLizzy) says

Uninvited Writer profile image82

Susan Keeping (Uninvited Writer) says

sonison profile image76

sonison says

Ash15 says

Aarisa profile image60

Aarisa says

Borsia profile image59

Borsia says

• DzyMsLizzy profile image

Liz Elias (DzyMsLizzy) 4 years ago

Rating is the beginning of censorship: it is the foot in the door.

snowpuss profile image60

snowpuss says