sriparna profile image 88

Are you a part of a reading group or a book club?

Any of you belong to a reading group? Can you talk about how often you meet and what do you talk about? How do you decide on what to read on? Is it too formal? How do you make it really constructive?

Ebonny profile image94

Ebonny says

dghbrh profile image62

deergha (dghbrh) says

• sriparna profile image

sriparna 4 years ago

No, but I would like to be. I know some of my friends are a part of a group who read various authors and meet informally in a cafe or so and discuss what they have read. I have seen this in Japan also.

Beata Stasak profile image83

Beata Stasak says

• sriparna profile image

sriparna 4 years ago

Excellent, it must be very intellectually stimulating. I also wish to be a part of such group, though I don't mind having different tastes but I need a group with a passion to read and be open minded to lend ears to others' points of view. Thanks!

LoisRyan13903 profile image75

LoisRyan13903 says

Teylina profile image59

Teylina says

• JustHowitSounds30 profile image

Nathan Sickman (JustHowitSounds30) 4 years ago

The analysis part is still important, even if we just "skim" news articles, handbooks, etc., because we have to understand what we are reading and how/if it can be applied.

I might not enjoy the book clubs you have been to so far, either, though!

rabasure profile image60

rabasure says

• Beata Stasak profile image

Beata Stasak 4 years ago

I think, my fellow hubber it all depends where you live and who you meet:)