Marsei profile image 90

Why Do You Write?

I'm interested in the answers I might hear to this question. I write because sometimes something wells up inside of me, wanting out, wanting a voice, wanting acknowledgement, and writing is one of the ways I've found to let it out.

m0rd0r profile image85

Best Answer Stoill Barzakov (m0rd0r) says

• Marsei profile image

Sue Pratt (Marsei) 4 years ago

Of course! I love the way you write and have since I joined HubPages. You should pursue it further. You were one of the first writers I started following. And I agree about things not lost and forgotten. Thank you for answering.

marsei

• Marsei profile image

Sue Pratt (Marsei) 4 years ago

I like that answer, but who knows this is as close? "In a New York Minute, Everythng Can Change." I'm off to read one your hubs. Thank you for answering.

marsei

Denise Handlon profile image88

Denise Handlon says

• Marsei profile image

Sue Pratt (Marsei) 4 years ago

Perfect answer. And you're the first who's mentioned insomnia. I think if I could sleep like a normal human being, I would likely not write. And like you, the outlet for the creative urge is so important. Thank you, Denise.

marsei

ananceleste profile image81

Anan Celeste (ananceleste) says

• Marsei profile image

Sue Pratt (Marsei) 4 years ago

Although it makes me sad to hear that your MS is interfering with your writing, I admire your perseverence. I have always enjoyed your poetry and hope to benefit from reading as you "get it

all out." Wishing you many blessings.

marsei

btrbell profile image87

Randi Benlulu (btrbell) says

• Marsei profile image

Sue Pratt (Marsei) 4 years ago

Good to hear that quote; it's been a while. I think it does help us define ourselves and perhaps even discover new parts of ourselves. I like the answer and I thank you for answering!

marsei

Ciel Clark profile image81

Ciel Clark says

• Marsei profile image

Sue Pratt (Marsei) 4 years ago

Ciel,

I think calm happy life might have to be sacrificed. I think of the "flow" that you're talking about as a kind of channeling. You're lucky if it happens often. Thank you for answering!

marsei

ahorseback profile image46

ahorseback says

Garifalia says

• Marsei profile image

Sue Pratt (Marsei) 4 years ago

Garifalia,

I'm glad you can relate to my "welling up" feeling. And like Freddy, I'm sure you should not stop dreaming. And I understand conflicting thought. Mine's my Methodist indoctrination batlling with my own intrinsic beliefs.

Thanks

marsei