lovebuglena profile image 89

What is the best way to format shape poetry?

I write poetry and love to experiment with shape poetry. I was wondering what is the best way to format poetry into perfect shapes? For example format a poem so that it looks like a tree, or a flower, or a snowflake, etc. I usually just play around with the spacing of words and their placement on the page but it's hard to get the lines to format a shape perfectly. And it's very time consuming and stressful. If you've done shape poetry before can you share your experience and any suggestions you may have...

• lovebuglena profile image

Lena Kovadlo (lovebuglena) 5 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion tsmog. I'm working on my poetry book and want to make some poetry into shapes. I did a few of them already - tree, boat ... It takes a lot of time to do to get it just right. Wondered if an easier way to do it.

Docmo profile image95

Mohan Kumar (Docmo) says

• lovebuglena profile image

Lena Kovadlo (lovebuglena) 5 years ago

Thanks for your suggestions Docmo. You have offered some great ideas that are worth looking into and trying out.

Darrylmdavis profile image77

Darrylmdavis says

rauffray profile image60

rauffray says