abbykorinnelee profile image 81

What was your favorite novel in high school or college?

Chris Neal profile image83

Best Answer Chris Neal says

• abbykorinnelee profile image

Abigayle Malchow (abbykorinnelee) 4 years ago

Never read it but just the way you describe it and what I am going through lately, it already hit a chord. I have never read much by Ernest Hemingway and I am ashamed to say that actually. I have to probably add one favorite is Edgar Allen Poe

Rosie writes profile image85

Rosie writes says

• abbykorinnelee profile image

I loved John Grisham novels when I was in my early twenties and had gone back to community college when I was newly married to a Marine. He didn't read but heard me raving about the Firm, so on drives to L.A. he would have me read it to him outloud

Donna Kay Bryan profile image86

Donna Kay Bryan says

• abbykorinnelee profile image

In high school I liked it, I just read it in Women's LIterature again this semester and I didn't like it as much anymore. I think its due to how I have evolved but in five years I want to read it again so I am keeping the copy I had to buy for class

StephanieBCrosby profile image90

Stephanie Bradberry (StephanieBCrosby) says

• abbykorinnelee profile image

Both I have not read and indeed plan to add to my evergrowing list of winter break reading. I used to read in high school through probably the end of my first marriage in my late 20s a novel a week at least...now its only if its hmwork I am so busy

multiculturalsoul profile image90

JJ Murray (multiculturalsoul) says

• abbykorinnelee profile image

I will have to also check out the one you read in high school, sounds like something that I would enjoy. The stand is one of my favorites...so is IT and many others. I have a passion for the holocaust, slavery, and historical events like that now

miscellanea profile image84

Tarik Aarbaoui (miscellanea) says

• abbykorinnelee profile image

My dad is currently reading Wuthering Heights for the first time, I never even saw the movie. That is one I added to my list for next summer. As for the rest I have never heard of them. You all have me intrigued to the ones that are new to me

J. Biaza profile image59

J. Biaza says

• abbykorinnelee profile image

Are you kidding??? Excellent choice. Maybe not comprehension on a basic level a heavy read but there is a lot of analysis that can go into Twain. Love the humor, always laughed through it and imagery I would add as well. Great choice I am impresse

Frank Atanacio profile image57

Frank Atanacio says

• abbykorinnelee profile image

Def two thumbs up on that choice. I loved that book, read it my freshman year of high school. We have two copies in my home actually and I am going to have my oldest, 13, read that next month when he is due for a new novel. Wonderful book

Pavlo Badovskyy profile image71

Pavlo Badovskyi (Pavlo Badovskyy) says

• abbykorinnelee profile image

Everyone I know has read that and I never have. I have to say another one I just remember was Flowers for Algarnon. The movie I think was called Charly.

oceanuniverse profile image59

oceanuniverse says

AaronHubb89 says

• abbykorinnelee profile image

I read the hobbit in the fifth grade..my favorite book up through junior high. I bought a copy for my 13 year old son who hates to read for Xmas...I think he will learn that reading is an enchanting activity after reading it.

supreme upbeat says

• abbykorinnelee profile image

I have never heard of that one, mine was probably a tie between the Scarlet Letter and The Great Gatsby