SEXYLADYDEE profile image 72

Why does the 50 Shades of Grey Trilogy have such an overwhelming, mass appeal?

I am a book LOVER who lives to read. I have read great literature and I have read trash. These books fall somewhere in the middle. But I must admit I loved them on a number of levels. The author let me get inside the story, inside the characters and I wanted to know what was coming next. Was is the taboo nature of it all that appealed to the masses? Or are we a world full of subconscious subs and Doms?

• SEXYLADYDEE profile image

SEXYLADYDEE 4 years ago

Romance sells is an understatement. I read the Hunger trilogy before going to see the movie. I, like a lot of women were attracted to the strong female lead. Not so much the romance. Maybe there is no pattern.

Old Empresario says

• SEXYLADYDEE profile image

SEXYLADYDEE 4 years ago

Great response. I also thought it had notes of a movie I saw as a child about a man molding a young girl into his vision. I didn't read it because it was on the NYT not did most I have spoken to. I am researching a hub on underground cultures.