Violet Flame profile image 83

Why do you write? Why is it important for artist to make art and for writers to write?

Do you think, we as writers, artists, musicians make a difference to our world? I, for one, did not grow up in an environment that encourages and rewards creativity. In my world, it seems far more important to have money and status. In my bid to stay true to myself, I often feel very much alone and unsupported emotionally. Therefore, I often ask myself this question, in order to find my anchor in my decision to be a writer/artist. I will appreciate any imput and insight from you. Thank You xo

Beata Stasak profile image84

Beata Stasak says

• Violet Flame profile image

Violet Flame 4 years ago

that's so true Beata Stasak, we do present to the world forever new, fresh and surprising perspectives...if it won't for the creative writers and artists, the world will be a very boring place indeed!

austinhealy profile image83

Bernard J. Toulgoat (austinhealy) says

• Violet Flame profile image

Violet Flame 4 years ago

Thank you austinhealy, sounds like you have loads of fun with ur writing! I think the power of imagination is a real gateway into how we can create on a larger scale. There's a theory that says everything we can imagine exist. What a responsibility!

Diana Lee profile image79

Diana L Pierce (Diana Lee) says

• Violet Flame profile image

Violet Flame 4 years ago

ha ha " they sometimes don't get it only because they don't read"...thank you for making me laugh Diana Lee, there is some truth in that though, lol, yes, only if we touch one person at a time, it is something.

Pennypines profile image60

Lucille Apcar (Pennypines) says

• Violet Flame profile image

Violet Flame 4 years ago

Thank you Pennypines for your powerful conviction! Indeed everything leaves an imprint, no matter how small. A butterfly flapping its wing is said to be able to cause a cyclone in another part of the world. No story is ever lost.

Beth Cassandra profile image59

Beth Cassandra says

• Violet Flame profile image

Violet Flame 4 years ago

let's just say word is in your blood! It sounds like no one will be able to stop you from writing, ever! Good on you Beth, Happy Writing and Making Art xoxo

yankeeintexas profile image60

yankeeintexas says

• Violet Flame profile image

Violet Flame 4 years ago

Thank you yankeeintexas, yes writing is an invaluable way to share knowledge. Often I feel the urge to pass some hard earned lessons in the hope that someone else in similar situations might benefit....it's the writers' way of doing good deeds ^^

Wytchewoode profile image47

Steven Dark (Wytchewoode) says

• Violet Flame profile image

Violet Flame 4 years ago

Wytchewoode, you are so right that we don't really have a choice in the matter. It is our nature to create, for writers write, painters to paint and singers to sing. It is part and parcel of who we are and the world is a better place because of it.

oceanuniverse profile image60

oceanuniverse says

tomski18 profile image61

tomski18 says

Brandon Tart profile image60

Brandon Heath Tart (Brandon Tart) says

vmoulton profile image61

vmoulton says

Moesky 4 years ago

Pure poetry!

Moesky says

• Violet Flame profile image

Violet Flame 4 years ago

Moesky, just read ur "Storytelling can change the world" and its title says it all. It takes courage to be true to ourselves and 2 follow our heart and passion. Without the artists, there will be no worlds, as there will be no story about said worlds