Joan King profile image 78

Have you ever been offered a writing assignment because of your Hub Pages writing?

I only got an offer once to write an article for a company's website based on my writing on Hub Pages. Just curious as to how many, if any, offers the writers here have had and was it worth your effort.

Paul Maplesden profile image90

Paul Maplesden says

• Joan King profile image

Joan King 4 years ago

Yes, good content can certainly help you get good paying gigs elsewhere.

chasmac profile image97

chasmac says

• Joan King profile image

Joan King 4 years ago

That must have been good exposure for your writing.

Gina145 profile image88

Gina145 says

• Joan King profile image

Joan King 4 years ago

If you write you already have all the self confidence you need and what have you got to lose? Take the plunge if it comes your way.

• Joan King profile image

Joan King 4 years ago

I guess I am not ready to commit to to writing paid sites, but I don't mind the occasional offer to write for a fee especially if the pay is good.

Missy Mac profile image89

Missy Mac says

• Joan King profile image

Joan King 4 years ago

That's nice. Did you follow through? many of the offers I had wanted my articles for free. This is OK if you don't mind but I figure I already write for free here so I would prefer to make some real money for a change.

Krysanthe profile image91

Krysanthe says

• Joan King profile image

Joan King 4 years ago

When there are time commitments involved you have to have the time to comply and the payment has to make it worth your effort.. I agree, it is exciting to be offered a writing assignment.

rafken profile image80

rafken says

• Joan King profile image

Joan King 4 years ago

While I did get offers to write travel articles there was no pay offered so I turned them down. The one I got paid for I was able to set my price and it was an easy transaction. Would like more of that.

MickS profile image77

MickS says

• Joan King profile image

Joan King 4 years ago

Even so you could still get requests, its just a matter of time and whether you are in a position to fulfill the request.

ArtzGirl profile image82

ArtzGirl says

alwaysamber says

• Joan King profile image

Joan King 4 years ago

An offer like that does seem like a validation of all the work you do. You just have to keep on doing what you are doing and opportunities will come your way.

chrisinhawaii says

• Joan King profile image

Joan King 4 years ago

That is great news. Good luck

allelsematters profile image13

Lady Jen Palven (allelsematters) says