jlpark profile image 89

Anyone completed, or done, the Writer's Bureau Diploma?

I'm looking at it seriously, but due to financial constraints (in particular that the UK Pound is NZD $2) it being $264 (currently) which equals about $500nz, I'd like to know if it's worth it

Seeker7 profile image94

Best Answer Helen Murphy Howell (Seeker7) says

• jlpark profile image

Jacqui (jlpark) 4 years ago

Thanks - yes was aware of the installments and money back guarantee but have chosen to pay upfront. I agree with you re: the cert, and the constructive criticisim, which is why I think I'll go ahead - but look into all the suggestions as well.

Melovy profile image96

Yvonne Spence (Melovy) says

• SidKemp profile image

Sid Kemp (SidKemp) 4 years ago

Thanks for the notes on your experience of The Writer's Bureau. And Natalie Goldberg is great fun, and my wife (a poet) likes Anne Lamott.

SidKemp profile image96

Sid Kemp (SidKemp) says

• Mrs Jil Manning profile image

Mrs Jil Manning 4 years ago

Stephen King's 'On Writing' is a fantastic book for any aspiring writer. I love his saying that the pearl comes from grit in the oyster, not from going to pearl-making seminars with other oysters!

Diana Grant profile image88

Diana Grant says

• jlpark profile image

Jacqui (jlpark) 4 years ago

Diana - you just got busy is all! Perhaps you need to take a look at their magazine again, and see if it is for you!

thomasczech profile image54

thomasczech says