Lizam1 profile image 82

Should The Sun Newspaper in the UK "drop" its page 3 girl?

For forty years The Sun a tabloid newspaper (some say gutter press) in Britain has published a page 3 topless model of the day. The publisher Rupert Murdoch is considering dropping the feature. What do you think? Will you vote in the poll?

chef-de-jour profile image89

Best Answer Andrew Spacey (chef-de-jour) says

ChloeMiriam profile image85

ChloeMiriam says

• Lizam1 profile image

Lizam1 4 years ago

I think it started out as supposed to flatter women - that was forty years ago. The more things change the more they stay the same when you consider how some music stars choose to portray themselves now.

JaymoChronicles profile image83

Adam Jamieson (JaymoChronicles) says

• Lizam1 profile image

Lizam1 4 years ago

Hmmm, as a mother of two teen girls and growing up in the 70's where men treated me in the workplace as a bit of a grab, I would hope the average British male, (and there are women who do all the jobs you mention) would have moved on by now. Oh well

MickS profile image77

MickS says

• Lizam1 profile image

Lizam1 4 years ago

or maybe be respectful to the remaining 50% of the population who are women. Just a thought:-)

Davidwork says

• Lizam1 profile image

Lizam1 4 years ago

Yes, I heard about it on the CBC and thought it would be an interesting question. When younger I had friends who thought being a P3 girl was the bees knees and that attitude was supported by men and women. I didn't the read the Sun in the UK either.