Yeshe Zhonnu profile image 61

How much description of thoughts background of a characters should be included in a screenplay?

I am interested in discussing how a screenplay is to be properly written. I am working on editing a screenplay for a friend which has a lot of description of the characters and what they are thinking like you would find in a novel. Of course it has dialogue too but there is ALOT of written description about what the characters are thinking as well as the necessary description of what they are doing. I wonder if only the dialogue should be in regular font and whether all thoughts and descriptions should be in italics. Also, should the writer describe what a character is thinking?

carolynkaye profile image92

carolynkaye says

Snackula profile image80

Charlie Dalrymple (Snackula) says