KrisL profile image 85

What waas the first book for adults to make a big impression on you?

This question may apply particularly to those of us who were schoolchildren and young teenagers before today's huge number of young adult books in every genre. What was your first important book bought with your own money from the drugstore rack or borrowed from the adult section of the library?

SidKemp profile image93

Best Answer Sid Kemp (SidKemp) says

• KrisL profile image

KrisL 4 years ago

I read the Lord of the Rings the summer before my 12th birthday, and (as you know, Sid) it was life-changing for me too.

Austinstar profile image79

Austinstar says

• KrisL profile image

KrisL 4 years ago

Three great books to read as a young teen!

I think the experience of stretching yourself to understand is important -- especially when you do it for fun. I wonder if teens today have as much chance to get that experience.

• KrisL profile image

KrisL 4 years ago

That sounds like a great book! It's making me think of the ones I picked up around my parents house too -- not always such happy choices. (I ended up reading Eli Wiesel's Night far too young).