embarrett91 profile image 72

How long have you been / desired to be a writer for?

I have been passionate about storytelling since childhood. Even though I had not picked up the talent to write the actual words for a story, I used to fill a piece of paper with little squares and draw pictures in each one, telling a story through the pictures. I then picked up writing by jotting random things down in a journal, and that led to the beginning of poetry for me in my teen years. Now I am doing both storytelling and poetry and the desire to be a writer still grows more and more everyday!

Dan Barfield profile image79

Dan Barfield says

• embarrett91 profile image

Erika (embarrett91) 4 years ago

Hubpages did the same for me with my writing! I have written so many things in my life but until I joined this site I was too shy to share it, too self-conscious. Hubpages has lifted my ego so!

ii3rittles profile image84

ii3rittles says

• embarrett91 profile image

Erika (embarrett91) 4 years ago

I understand what you mean by being more able to communicate through writing, I always feel that way myself. For a long time in my life I had so much social anxiety, I always found that I was better at saying what I wanted to say with a pencil

Diana Lee profile image82

Diana L Pierce (Diana Lee) says

• embarrett91 profile image

Erika (embarrett91) 4 years ago

Unfortunately I did not put enough effort towards school to do even the poetry assignments, which I wish now that I did. I have a few short story fictions on here I have written, Fiction is what I prefer too, science fiction as well.

wayne barrett profile image77

Wayne Barrett says

• embarrett91 profile image

Erika (embarrett91) 4 years ago

I would love to hear more when you have the time!

Larry Wall says

• embarrett91 profile image

Erika (embarrett91) 4 years ago

That is very awesome! It is more just a hobby that I enjoy right now as well, hopefully someday it will turn into what I do for a living, that would be wonderful :)