sallybea profile image 100

The current most overworked phrase must be these words 'To be Honest' - why?

ytsenoh profile image84

Best Answer Cathy (ytsenoh) says

• sallybea profile image

Sally Gulbrandsen (sallybea) 4 years ago

ytsenoh, My sentiments exactly. You put it in a nutshell. I could not have said it better myself. Great response, thank you.

• sallybea profile image

peeples, Interesting! i can't help thinking that one should be able to express one's feelings without having to justify them with an 'In all honesty' phrase. Going to train myself not to in future. Ha!

Thanks you.

Edlira profile image69

Edlira says

• sallybea profile image

Lovely! I met someone recently who repeatedly used the phrase and I realized by the end of the evening that I would never trust him one iota! Thanks for the comment, it is appreciated.

xanzacow profile image76

Cynthia (xanzacow) says

• sallybea profile image

xanazacow, I feel it has been overworked so much that the words no longer imply what they mean. I think you are perfectly correct in your thinking, Thanks for your comment.

Aupriann Myers profile image61

Aupriann Myers says

• sallybea profile image

Hi Aupriann Myers, Perhaps it was started by Politicians and Bankers!

I find it is easy to become cynical in life, most unattractive! As ytsenoh says below 'it is what it is' Oh dear hope that phrase is not catching.