JohnGreasyGamer profile image 85

Which authors still (or did) write 'creature feature' Horror?

It seems as though the 'creature feature' sub-genre in Horror is a dying one, even in film. And this is a shame because it's one I've wanted to write about for many years, and hope that if this genre truly is becoming endangered, I'd like to do my part in reviving it. But I need inspiration. Which authors make Horror fiction about monsters? Demons, possessed people, normal animals turned bad and boogeymen are just a few examples of what I'm looking for. The only authors that come to mind are Stephen King and Clive Barker. Thanks in advance, and have a pleasant day!

Marian Designs profile image80

Marian Cates (Marian Designs) says

• JohnGreasyGamer profile image

John Roberts (JohnGreasyGamer) 4 years ago

Some good suggestions there, thanks so much for the answer! I've a collection of Lovecraft's works but never really read it, so now might be a good time! As always you provide insight to my questions, M. T. Dremer!

residentstone profile image60

Resident (residentstone) says

• JohnGreasyGamer profile image

Thanks for the comments, some great suggestions! I'll be sure to take a look at all of them ^^

jennakottman profile image60

Jenna Kottman (jennakottman) says