LastRoseofSummer2 profile image 89

Who was the first poet from your homeland you discovered and how were you introduced to him/her?

I think Edgar Allan Poe was the first "native" poet I discovered. I was introduced to him by a typing course that made me type a part of "The Raven" over and over again. I later came across Poe again during a poor excuse of a High School English course. One of the few things I got out of this class was the experience of reading "Annabel Lee" for the first time. I now read quite a lot of poetry and Edgar Allan Poe is a favorite. I am an American. However, I am also of Polish descent and I would like some day to track down works from my family's homeland. Want to share your story?

chef-de-jour profile image90

Best Answer Andrew Spacey (chef-de-jour) says

• LastRoseofSummer2 profile image

LastRoseofSummer2 3 years ago

I'm the same way. One poetry book just leads to another and another and another!

• LastRoseofSummer2 profile image

LastRoseofSummer2 3 years ago

I don't think I had ever heard of him. I just started looking up his works and I like what I'm seeing! Thanks for your answer and for the recommendation.

Serendipity88 profile image60

Raina Makdissy (Serendipity88) says

• LastRoseofSummer2 profile image

LastRoseofSummer2 3 years ago

Music has been very important in my poetic journey as well. I listen to a lot of opera and this helped me become interested in European poets such as Pushkin, Goethe, and Heine.

Thanks for your great answer!

Chuck RitenouR profile image67

Chuck RitenouR says