Billie Kelpin profile image 88

What specific factors go into deciding whether your life story should be a memoir or novel?

I'm wrestling with trying to decide on a memoir or novel regarding a life story. I've just read "Second Son" by D.W. Linden and I like that narrative approach to that historical fiction. If you've struggled (or are struggling) with the same question and have decided on which approach to take, I'd love to hear your decision making process. I'm not a very imaginative person, prefer the personal essay, and I seem not be able to veer away from the actual experiences. I don't use a lot of figures of speech and metaphors, so does all that lean away from the novel format?

Ruby H Rose profile image77

Maree Michael Martin (Ruby H Rose) says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 4 years ago

very cute! talking into the phone - So when you hear yourself talking, the names of characters come to u - I'm thinking you're very auditory like me. Thank you for the lovely fan mail Ruby H. Rose. I love the "h" included. Saying it outloud is fun

valeriebelew profile image72

valeriebelew says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 4 years ago

a few people in my life certainly would not like to be identified as such, I'm sure so I'd have to create whole new "thems" Thanks Valerie. Can we buy your novel somewhere. Email me if you think hubpages would think that's "overly-promotional"