Billie Kelpin profile image 90

Parents of young children: What kind of cover do you prefer for a children's picture book?

Self-published authors face the dilemma of choosing among various print choices for their children's picture book stories (all of which are expensive). Gone are the days of Golden Books (for some reason). An author has the choice of a hard cover book that would end up having to retail at about $24.95 (24 page color) or a thin glossy "paperback" book that would probably retail at $12.95 I am thinking about adding a narrated CD in the back of the glossy version to add more value, but do parents prefer hard cover picture books for children approx. age 4 - 6 ?

CraftytotheCore profile image97

CraftytotheCore says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 3 years ago

Crafy, thanks so much. Are board books those old Golden Books or Tell-a-Tale books. I wish I could get my story in that cardboard book format that Golden Books and Western Publishing had. I don't see that offered any more.

ExpectGreatThings profile image89

ExpectGreatThings says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 3 years ago

EGT, I'd like to send you free narrated download of "Lucky..." (and anyone else on hubpages. (Does anyone know it that would be "over-promotional" to url here? It's a hidden page for only complimentary versions. Thanks for your comment?

CroftRoan profile image79

Kate Rolands (CroftRoan) says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 3 years ago

CroftRoan, This is VERY helpful. Thank you. It's exactly what my younger friend who has a little 5 year old told me. I think that's much more do-able for me. I'm going to try to get a kick-starter funding and wanted more input. Much appreciation