victoria1800 profile image 80

What is your favourite, Charles Dickens novel and why?

It is that time of year when I like to sit and read 'A Christmas Carol'. What is your favourite Dickens novel?

robjlodge profile image60

Best Answer Robert Lodge (robjlodge) says

• victoria1800 profile image

victoria1800 3 years ago

Oliver Twist is a classic. Like A Christmas Carol, it is a book that can be read over and over.

Phyllis Doyle profile image92

Phyllis Doyle Burns (Phyllis Doyle) says

• victoria1800 profile image

victoria1800 3 years ago

I have not read 'The Chimes' as yet, but It sounds interesting.

Paradise7 profile image85

Paradise7 says

• victoria1800 profile image

victoria1800 3 years ago

I totally agree, it is also one of my favourites.

LastRoseofSummer2 profile image90

LastRoseofSummer2 says

• victoria1800 profile image

victoria1800 3 years ago

Yes some of them are extremely long. I remember someone bought me a set of his books when I was younger. A Christmas Carol and Oliver Twist were easy to read, while David Copperfield seemed very long and it took me a while to get in to it.