amiebutchko profile image 86

Do you compromise art of writing for SEO?

As a writer, with a love for the linking of words and phrases, I sometimes find it difficult to utilize good SEO strategies as sometimes, it ruins the beauty of content! I know this is foolish, as SEO is needed for internet writing. Simple fact. But, am I alone in my lamentation?

amiebutchko profile image86

Amie Butchko (amiebutchko) says

• FatFreddysCat profile image

Keith Abt (FatFreddysCat) 3 years ago

Depends on your definition of "successful." Am I sleeping on a mattress stuffed with AdSense dollars and cavorting with supermodels? Not even close. But I enjoy Hubbing so I keep doing it.

April Garner profile image80

April Garner says

• FatFreddysCat profile image

Keith Abt (FatFreddysCat) 3 years ago

Search Engine Optimization, ie tailoring your writing with the right key words/phrases so search engines pick up on them and send you traffic. Some folks are good at it. Others like me, not so much.

• amiebutchko profile image

Amie Butchko (amiebutchko) 3 years ago

I do, too (go with the flow of my thoughts)! I think you have to if it doesn't come natural to be quick and direct and to the point. None of which, I am! Sometimes I try to go back later to add in SEO, but it is hard when you like what you wrote!

Ghaelach says

• amiebutchko profile image

Amie Butchko (amiebutchko) 3 years ago

Thank you, Ghaelach - you are always so supportive! I just find it funny that "writers" are bound by SEO, as conventionally, writers are in a way, artists, and SEO is just so... business!!!! I guess in reality, that is just the way of the world!