Sparklea profile image 74

This question regards the POWER OF WORDS: If someone snaps at you, can you get over it immediately?

Example of a Scenario; If someone close to you is not feeling well, and you sugggest he/she call a doctor,and they snap, 'you drive me crazy when you do this!' Then the person immediately apologizes and says,'I am sorry you do not drive me crazy...sorry I said that...' In your opinion, did the person really mean it, since the words flew out of their mouth so rapidly? I am writing a book which includes human emotion and reactions, and I would like to use this topic as an example.

Lisa HW profile image82

Best Answer Lisa HW says

• Sparklea profile image

Sparklea 3 years ago

Lisa HW THANK YOU! I've been told, 'EVERYBODY' snaps at people and I disagree because I do not snap at people either...even when very ill in the hospital last year. I don't believe for one minute that everyone does it. I needed to read this!

• Sparklea profile image

Sparklea 3 years ago

Dashingscorpio thank you so much for your valuable insight! You are correct with your suggestion to no longer offer advice...and that the longer you know someone the easier it becomes to predict how they will react. Excellent advice, so appreciated

Faith Reaper profile image86

Faith Reaper says

• Sparklea profile image

Sparklea 3 years ago

Hi dear Faith! I will send you an email because they do not allow enough characters for my reply. THANK YOU for answering. God bless, Sparklea

So appreciative you took the time to respond to this very important question.

Sri T profile image81

Sri T (the mystic) (Sri T) says

• Sparklea profile image

Sparklea 3 years ago

Sri T: what a great answer, a perspective I never would have thought of. I am so appreciative for your views regarding this question, it is a big help to a

circumstance that occurs quite frequently. THANK YOU so much!

Penny G profile image77

Penny Godfirnon (Penny G) says

• Sparklea profile image

Sparklea 2 years ago

Penny G, thank you for truly great advice...Great response you put forth also. I never would have thought of that. SO much appreciated!

c-m-hall profile image81

CMarie (c-m-hall) says

• Sparklea profile image

Sparklea 2 years ago

c-m-hall thank you so much for your great perspective. yes, it happens quite often...you gave excellent advice. I cherish everyone who has taken the time to reply, including you. God bless, Sparklea :)