Kennedi Brown profile image 94

Is it okay to use an image of a book's cover in a book review?

I'm writing a Hub to review an amazing independently published book I read a while back, but I've never written a review as a longform article before and I'm not sure if it's okay to use the book's cover as an image in my article. I've read plenty of book reviews on blogs and such that included a picture of the cover front and center, but I'm not sure if those reviews were solicited or if the reviewer just typed up the review of their own accord and included it. Are book covers one of those images that are considered safe for editorial use?

poppyr profile image92

Poppy (poppyr) says

wychic profile image80

Rebecca Mikulin (wychic) says