Imogen French profile image 90

Do you have a favourite author, and can you recommend a good novel?

I am always on the lookout for a good read, I like the English classics such as Thomas Hardy and Laurie Lee, and also some modern novellists like Haruki Murakami and Gabriel Garcia Marquez. Do you have any recommendations?

CuAllaidh profile image81

Jeff Johnston (CuAllaidh) says

• Imogen French profile image

Imogen French 2 years ago

CuAllaidh - I have read The Hobbit, LOTR and the Time Traveller's Wife. Like you say about the last one, the movie was rubbish, but I loved the book.

connorj profile image81

John Connor (connorj) says

• Imogen French profile image

Imogen French 2 years ago

I have read the Tolkein, but not heard of the The Inklings, I will look it up thanks.

Benedictowelmar profile image60

Welmar Benedicto (Benedictowelmar) says

• Imogen French profile image

Imogen French 2 years ago

I've heard of John Grisham, but not the other author, and I haven't read any of these. Thanks for the ideas.

kevin murphy-87 profile image60

kevin murphy (kevin murphy-87) says

• Imogen French profile image

Imogen French 2 years ago

Thanks for the recommendation, I will check these out.

Gamze Okumus profile image60

Gamze Okumus says

• Imogen French profile image

Imogen French 2 years ago

Does that translate to "The Shadow of the Wind" - if so I have read the English translation, and I really enjoyed it. I read it shortly after visiting Barcelona, where it is set, which really helped to set the scene.