Twilight Lawns profile image 87

Do "Bogus Followers" annoy you as much as they annoy me?

I’m irritated when I’m notified that someone (let us call that someone OBSEQUIOUS-LITTLE-OIK) is following me on HubPages, but when I look at traffic to my pages, it’s obvious that OBSEQUIOUS-LITTLE-OIK hasn’t read anything that I’ve written, or if so, hasn’t bothered to leave a comment.. Is the word “follower” or “following” unfamiliar to him or to her? OBSEQUIOUS-LITTLE-OIK may be attempting some form of Empire Building, but I can’t be bothered to look at what he/she has contributed, as I feel that good manners are somehow involved here, and they are lacking on OBSEQUIOUS-LITTLE-OIK’s part.

• Twilight Lawns profile image

Twilight Lawns 2 years ago

Dashingscorpio, thank you so much for confirming my feelings about the subject. It was so nice (correct use of the word) for me to read that detailed and eloquent answer to my question. I feel like sending the URL to this page to anyone who does th

• Twilight Lawns profile image

Twilight Lawns 2 years ago

Thank you, M. T. Dremer for your reply. I appreciate the time you have taken to respond so amusingly and also so informatively. I had guessed that this would be the case, but it was satisfying to see that you and Dashingscorpio were reading (or sho