ThompsonPen profile image 82

I need your help! Does She remember or Doesn't she?

I have this character that I see going two different ways. I'm trying to figure out which way to go. She could be fully aware of this awful thing of her past, or she could not and that can be an added depth to the story where she regains her memory of it....Any thoughts? If she does remember it, then she can either a) still be engaging in actions which are a residual result of said past thing though showing little signs of mental/emotional anguish of it since she has a release or b) be completely mentally/emotionally jarred from it. Professional/Reader opinions?

• ThompsonPen profile image

Nicola Thompson (ThompsonPen) 2 years ago

Thanks for the input! I had thought about this, but I don't think there's any way around revealing what the past was any later than halfway through simply because the rest of the plot relies on her eventually figuring it out (if she doesn't remember

Diana Lee profile image80

Diana L Pierce (Diana Lee) says

• ThompsonPen profile image

I appreciate it! I had considered this as well, but the problem is that the character that does know is going to ask the main character to do something based on this particular event, and it's from there that the story actually gets going.

MasterworksFA profile image60

MasterworksFA says

• ThompsonPen profile image

That's fascinating! I"ll give that a look! Sounds like a great story :)