alifeofdesign profile image 94

When, if ever, is it okay to write an article or book on a subject without strict proof?

I've recently read the book "The Widow Clicquot: The Story of a Champagne Empire and the Woman Who Ruled It". I enjoyed the book considerably despite the fact that the author had little substantial proof of the personal story pertaining to Madame Clicquot. The author had done a tremendous amount of research and was able to share a great deal of information on the Champagne business, but little existed pertaining to Madame, herself. There is no surprise in that fact and, frankly, I thought it was most acceptable for the author to use her best judgement given the degree of research she had done.

Rod Marsden profile image79

Rod Marsden says

• alifeofdesign profile image

Graham Gifford (alifeofdesign) 2 years ago

Rod, I so greatly appreciate the depth of your reply! I do hope that you decide to take on this adventure and write about your grandfather. I think it would far too sad to loose site of such an interesting man simply because he was not he. Best -

Phyllis Doyle profile image91

Phyllis Doyle Burns (Phyllis Doyle) says

Angelladywriter profile image81

Claudette Coleman Carter (Angelladywriter) says