tsmog profile image 86

How long to edit a book?

To those who have edited a book . . . how long do you allow for editing a book. The book I wrote is a business book with a lot of mathematical details too. I have let it digest for about five months now seeking to gain an objective perspective and am now realizing positive changes for editing it.

CheloB profile image59

Best Answer Chelo Biggerstaff (CheloB) says

• tsmog profile image

Tim Mitchell (tsmog) 2 years ago

Wow! Very educational, very much appreciated, and I offer a big thank you :-) I ponder the relationship between author and editor and when that begins. With book completion or as part of the process? hmmmm . . . something I shall consider.

alancaster149 profile image86

Alan Robert Lancaster (alancaster149) says

• tsmog profile image

Tim Mitchell (tsmog) 2 years ago

You are a teacher for me Alan Robert Lancaster :-) The time period your work occurs within is the time period I wish to write my fictional work as well as being within the local too. I hope to be able to focus on that adventure soon. Thank you!

• tsmog profile image

Tim Mitchell (tsmog) 2 years ago

I have a challenge with self-editing the first book I wrote. It is specific to a particular audience and probably will not be published. Firstly, it was gift to that specific audience. I have tried to edit it. I think I need to let is simmer.

Tusitala Tom profile image90

Tom Ware (Tusitala Tom) says

• tsmog profile image

Tim Mitchell (tsmog) 2 years ago

Thank you Tom. The book I wrote was non-fiction & audience specific of a business genre. The audience received it well and with praise, yet I know not of other readership. I have tried to edit it. I think your advice to let it percolate is sound.

Kathleen Cochran profile image85

Kathleen Cochran says

• tsmog profile image

Tim Mitchell (tsmog) 2 years ago

Agreed. I think I need to stop trying to Edit and just let the chips fall where they may. I have given the book to the specific audience I wrote it for. No suggestions were made and it is displayed prominently at his desk. Maybe It needs not editing.