Is anyone planning to enter the NaNoWriMo challenge starting in November?

I think it is an exciting challenge for anyone planning to work on a novel in November, but I am just wondering about those who have entered in the past, what was your experience of participating in this challenge to write 50,000 words in a month? Thank you for answering and sharing about any past experience of participating in this National Novel Writing Month challenge or your plan to enter this November. Image from Pixabay.

Kristen Howe profile image88

Best Answer Kristen Howe says

Faith Reaper 22 months ago

Hi Kristen, Wow, year 7! That is awesome. Maybe we will hear from others here on HP who are planning to enter, and you will have plenty of Nano buddies! I will be cheering you on.

Karen Hellier profile image95

Karen Hellier says

Faith Reaper 22 months ago

Hi Karen, that is what I want to do too but I believe I read it must be fiction. Yes, I've had one in my head for about 10 years too. Please double-check the rules though! You should write it either way.

BlossomSB profile image92

Bronwen Scott-Branagan (BlossomSB) says

Faith Reaper 22 months ago

Hi Bronwen, I do understand about how busy November is for sure. I know I wouldn't be able to do it but I am impressed with all those who will try! Yes, we can certainly support all who enter.

Jackie Lynnley profile image80

Jackie Lynnley says

Faith Reaper 22 months ago

Oh, no need to feel that way as I didn't have a clue either until I read the last HP weekly email, which does have a link in it. You should think about it!

Sparklea profile image72

Sparklea says

Faith Reaper 22 months ago

Hi Dear Lea, Oh, yes, for sure about just picking a month to finish your non-fiction book. I look forward to reading it and I just know it will be a huge success. That is something there to remember what your friend shared! Yes, this helps a lot.

Enigmatic Me profile image69

J (Enigmatic Me) says

Faith Reaper 22 months ago

Hello Jay, That is so great! Yes, it is a major task, I would think, to hit that word count ...I do hope there are many Nano buddies here to join in. Best of luck to you. I will be cheering you on too.

Bronwyn Joy Ellio says

Faith Reaper 22 months ago

Hello Bronwyn, You are certainly quite adventurous. That much of a word count is a lot to write in one month. Your efforts paid off with the publication of your eBook! I hope you have some buddies join in. Good luck.