MarieLB profile image 84

If you became a very successful author, would you relish the fame, or would you want to hide ?

Would you prefer a pseudonym to protect your privacy or would you bask in the fame if you published book/s with great success?. After the success of Harry Potter, author Rowling said, “There was a phenomenal amount of pressure that went with being the writer of Harry Potter, and that aspect of publishing those hose books I do not particularly miss." When she began to publish crime stories she used a pseudonym and kept her true identity a secret.

alancaster149 profile image85

Best Answer Alan R Lancaster (alancaster149) says

• MarieLB profile image

MarieLB 16 months ago

If I had attained the calibre of writing you have Alan, I doubt that I'd want to hide. But it might not be modesty that spurs the need for obscurity, but the tax-man and the hoodies lurking around.! Thank you for responding. It is a pleasure to read.

Say Yes To Life profile image82

Yoleen Lucas (Say Yes To Life) says

LoliHey profile image59

Lolita Monroe (LoliHey) says

• MarieLB profile image

MarieLB 16 months ago

Hi Lolita, you brought to my attention the sordid side of fame, and I cannot but agree that some of that kind of entrapment can be ghastly; even dangerous at times. I guess , what you say makes a lot of sense! Thanks for joining in.