MarieLB profile image 83

When you use more than one adjective to describe an object, do you put these into any sort?

EG: If you wanted to write - "The big, bad wolf. . ." would it sound the same if you were to say "The bad, big wolf?" Do you think that reading and re-reading will tell you how it should go, or is there a set of rules that Should we be categorising adjectives and work out what order they should be in, especially if there are more than two adjectives?

Paul Kuehn profile image93

Paul Richard Kuehn (Paul Kuehn) says

• MarieLB profile image

Beams Mlb (MarieLB) 12 months ago

Very interesting Paul. Until today, I had no idea that there were so many categories. I go by what feels right. Luckily I have read hundreds of good books, so certain things gel in my brain. It is so much better to follow the correct usage.

alancaster149 profile image82

Alan R Lancaster (alancaster149) says

• MarieLB profile image

Beams Mlb (MarieLB) 12 months ago

Why am I not surprised that you would answer such a question? It seems to me that it is well known that one needs to categorise and prioritise adjectives, but not everybody agrees on the latter. Thank you Alan.

MarieLB profile image83

Beams Mlb (MarieLB) says