Is it normal to feel uneasy in a previously owned home?

The concept of living in homes which housed other families is a bit unnerving for me, or at least the idea that they might have died there. I feel death carries a stigma of all things evil and unholy, but it is neccesary for new life, so why does it still bother me? Modern representations of death portray haunting and horror, and for that reason I still have that idea in the back of my mind. I feel it is a metaphor of new life coming to a place where there had been, and starting the process over again. What are your feelings about this?

• threekeys profile image

Threekeys 12 months ago

For me I wasnt meaning haunted per se. But more of emotional residue that hangs in the air.

threekeys profile image81

Threekeys says

Duan Nel 12 months ago

I am thinking about moving in the next few months. As I am not the most religous person I rarely let spirituality influence my decisions and choices. It just intrigues me to know that lives have been lived and possibly lost in my next home.

Kathleen Cochran profile image83

Kathleen Cochran says

Aime F profile image83

Aime (Aime F) says