Stella Kaye profile image 87

When publishing poems here, is it advisable to say something about what inspired you to write them?

I have a great deal of poetry but some pieces are short and don't meet the required word length. To increase the words, should I mention something about the poem and what inspired me to write it and perhaps explain the backstory to it? Or is it better to let the reader put their own interpretation on it? I know poetry doesn't do very well on here and gets very few pages views - would adding further information help to boost views?

Cleo Burch profile image86

Cleo Burch says

Jodah profile image90

John Hansen (Jodah) says

• tsmog profile image

Tim Mitchell (tsmog) 3 months ago

A footnote is there are two categories the readers for the QAP use; Creative & Informational. They have to decide between those two. If there is too much information they may decide it is informational & use the criteria for that and not 'Cre