Dr Seuss Book List
The Complete Dr Seuss Book List of Every Children's Book He Wrote Plus the Best Dr Seuss Books for Kids
Dr Seuss books are the most beloved classic children books. There are many books to choose from in the Dr Seuss collection. Here you will find the most popular Seuss books for kids, as well as my pick for the best Dr Seuss book and a complete list of all books written by Theodor Seuss Geisel.
I'm a certified English teacher and mom to three little ones. I read Dr Seuss books to all of my children. There are books in the collection which are suitable for babies, some that are great for toddlers, and there are even Dr Seuss books that are great for young school age children. You are sure to find the perfect Seuss book for your child here.
Complete List of Dr Seuss Books - Every book written by Theodor Seuss Geisel
After Theodor Seuss Geisel's death, several books were written using a similar writing pattern and were called Dr. Seuss books without having really been written by him. An example is "The Nose Book." While Mr. Geisel did write "The Foot Book," the nose book was not written by him and lacked the cleverness of the Dr. Seuss classic rhythm and rhyme scheme. The following is a list of all the books ever written by the real Dr. Seuss in the order of their published dates.
- And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street (1937)
- The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins (1938)
- The King's Stilts (1939)
- Horton Hatches the Egg (1940)
- McElligot's Pool (1947)
- Thidwick the Big-Hearted Moose (1948)
- Bartholomew and the Oobleck (1949)
- If I Ran the Zoo (1950)
- Scrambled Eggs Super! (1953)
- Horton Hears a Who! (1954)
- On Beyond Zebra (1955)
- If I Ran the Circus (1956)
- The Cat in the Hat (1957)
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1957)
- Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories (1958)
- The Cat in the Hat Comes Back! (1958)
- Happy Birthday to You! (1959)
- Green Eggs and Ham (1960)
- One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish (1960)
- The Sneetches and Other Stories (1961)
- Dr. Seuss's Sleep Book (1962)
- Dr. Seuss's ABC (1963)
- Hop on Pop (1963)
- Fox in Socks (1965)
- I Had Trouble in Getting to Solla Sollew (1965)
- The Cat in the Hat Song Book (1967)
- The Foot Book (1968)
- I Can Lick 30 Tigers Today! And Other Stories (1969)
- My Book About Me (1969)
- I Can Draw It Myself (1970)
- Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You? (1970)
- The Lorax (1971)
- Marvin K. Mooney Will You Please Go Now! (1972)
- Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are? (1973)
- The Shape of Me and Other Stuff (1973)
- Great Day for Up (1974)
- There's a Wocket in My Pocket! (1974)
- Oh, the Thinks You Can Think! (1975)
- The Cat's Quizzer (1976)
- I Can Read With My Eyes Shut! (1978)
- Oh Say Can You Say? (1979)
- Hunches in Bunches (1982)
- The Butter Battle Book (1984)
- You're Only Old Once! (1986)
- I Am Not Going to Get Up Today! (1987)
- Oh, the Places You'll Go! (1990)
- Daisy-Head Mayzie (1994)
- My Many Colored Days (1996)
- Hooray for Diffendoofer Day! (1998)
The Foot Book by Dr Seuss - The Best Seuss Book for Toddlers - The Dr Seuss Foot Book
We love The Foot Book at our house. My 4 and a half year old and my 2 and a half year old both love this book. It's silly and the rhyming and repetition in it are a lot of fun for children. I believe this is the best Dr Seuss book for babies and toddlers.
The Foot Book is a quintessentially Seussian classic.
If I Ran the Circus by Dr Seuss - Best Seuss Book for Kids - This is the best Dr Seuss book for young school age kids.
My four year old daughter loves Dr Seuss. She recognizes Dr Seuss illustrations anytime we come across one of his books. Once while we were out shopping she found If I Ran the Circus and refused to leave the store without it. The book is a little old for her and we had already spent our budget for the day, but being an English teacher I just couldn't deny her a book. After all we want to encourage her to read and isn't it awesome that she pleads for a book instead of a candy bar?
We read If I Ran the Circus pretty often around here. It is a great book for age 5 and up. It is one of Dr Seuss' longer books. It still rhymes just like all of his classic childrens literature, but the rhymes are very long and there are far more pages than in Green Egg and Ham and The Cat in the Hat. If I Ran the Circus is an imaginative book that's filled with fun imagery, but it will be a bit long winded for toddlers.
Dr Seuss Books Box Set - Seuss book collection makes a great gift idea!
This box set of 5 great beginner readers by Dr Seuss makes a great gift.
Popular Dr Seuss Books for Kids - 5 best Dr Seuss books that you probably read as a child.
Dr. Seuss is quite simply the most beloved children's book author in the world. Share these classic childrens books with your kids or give them as gifts to friens who are expecting a baby.
Uncommon Dr Seuss Books - 5 best Dr Seuss books that you may not know.
These five books aren't as common as most of Seuss' books.