- Books, Literature, and Writing
Best Wishes Messages For Birthday Cards
Best Wishes Messages For Birthday
Are you trying to write a Birthday card but are stuck for something to say? Finding the perfect best wishes messages for birthday cards can be difficult at times and even the simple card writer can find themselves with writers block. I have compiled a list of ideas that you can use to create a meaningful birthday message. These are not direct quotes but ideas for you to expand on and personalize.
Some Important Things to Take Into Considerations - Factors To Consider in a Best Wishes Message
Here is a list of things that you may want to take into consideration before your write the card. These will determine not only what you write but also the tone you use.
Think about this briefly before you begin
- What is your relationship with the person? This will greatly affect the tone of the card. Are you in a relationship with them? Are you related to them? Are they a work colleague? e.t.c. If the person has a close personal relationship with you it is important that you also keep the message personal and don't get too cliché. If it is a work colleague or someone a little more distant then it is OK to have a more generic or cliché message.
- How old is the person turning? If they have reached a milestone birthday it could be something you can play on in the message. For example people often poke fun at a 40th birthday as being 'over the hill'. If the person is older for example an 80th birthday, it might be appropriate to thank them for the influence they have had on yours or others lives. If they are younger you may want to focus on the future.
- What type of personality does the person have? Are they a a joker, or do they take life a little more seriously? Write in a tone that they will appreciate.
- What difference has the person made in your life over the past year? There may be things you could acknowledge in the card, perhaps take it as an opportunity to give a heart felt thank you message.
- Have you shared any experiences over the past year? Perhaps reminisce a little in the card and take a moment to laugh or cry about the things you have done together.
- Does the person have plans for the coming year? Is there a trip they have planned; are they expecting a child or perhaps they are staring a new job. These provide great opportunities to wish them well for the coming year and let them know that you have them in your thoughts.
Buying a Birthday Card
If you haven't yet purchased the birthday cad then perhaps take some of the points above into consideration first. When you are ready to buy make sure you get something relevant to that persons life and personality. Don't rely on the card to provide your message you will still need to write this later.
A simple but popular birthday card.
A funny card for someone close.
A lovely birthday card for your spouse.
This is a lighthearted birthday card.
A nice birthday card for a 30th birthday.
Best Wishes Message Ideas - Nice Messages For Birthday Cards
Here is a list of some ideas you could expand on when writing the Birthday card. There are so many ideas you could consider when picking nice messages for birthday cards so this is just a very small selection. Keep in mind this is a broad selection with some serious and some funny suggestions.
- Wishing you all the best for the coming year
- Wishing you a happy and healthy XX birthday
- Happy Birthday I hope this day will always be a special one to remember
- Happy Birthday, you are one year closer to death
- Happy Birthday, your another year older so don't you think it's time you grew up?
- Happy Birthday, your not getting older, your getting better
- Happy Birthday my love, every day I thank my lucky stars for you
- I am so lucky to have you I cannot imagine how empty my life would be without you
- I prey that God blesses you on this special day
- It's not about how old you are but how much wiser you are getting
- A birthday is a time of joy and celebration, a day to spend with family and friends and an opportunity to take stock and appreciate life. But then you probably already know, you have plenty of experience
- As every year goes by and you get a little older it amazes me how you mange to remain the wonderful person you are
- Every year on this day I am so thankful I have you in my life
- Thanks for reminding me how old I am! Happy Birthday
- God knew you before you were born and has a special plan for your life
- Every Year I fall deeper in love with you, happy birthday
- May this year bring you everything your heart desires
- You are growing up so fast but you always make me proud
- The older the fiddler the sweeter the tune
Who are you writing a card for? - Take this quick poll
Let us know who you are writing a poll for.
Who are you writing to?
Writing best wishes messages for birthday cards
The most important thing to consider when writing a birthday card for a loved one is to try to connect with them in a personal way. Focus on an event in the past or in the future that will help them know that you put some thought into it. You can use the cliché suggestions above to add depth and humor to the message but try to add that special touch that could only come from you.
Thanks for reading my best wishes messages for birthday cards lens.
Do you have any birthday wishes messages you would like to share?